Cedinox, the Stainless Steel Research and Development Association, has announced the first edition of the Acerinox Awards for university students who are doing their end-of-course project, bachelor's or master's degree, or studies related to stainless steel, either regarding its use, research or development, with the aim of promoting knowledge about its applications among young architects and engineers nationwide.
The 'Acerinox Awards' have a total prize money of 3,000 euros and the winning project will be presented to the panel of judges, the company Management and the audience at the prize-giving ceremony.
The projects must be related to one of the following categories: Architecture, Decoration, Industrial Uses or Technological Properties. The presentation of the projects should include a brief explanatory text (maximum 5 pages) giving the reasons which justify the choice of stainless steel as a material for the project. Diagrams, pictures or photos attached to the report, to explain and add details to the information, will give it added value.
The students who may enter the competition are those from the 15 Spanish universities in which the company has carried out 17 seminars and training courses on stainless steel, namely:
- Comillas Pontifical University, Madrid (ICAI)
- Technical University of Cartagena
- University of Alicante Polytechnic School
- Carlos III University of Madrid
- Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros de Caminos, Canales y Puertos - Universidade da Coruña
- Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid
- Zaragoza School of Engineering and Architecture (EINA)
- Barcelona School of Design and Engineering
- Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya ETSEIB
- Mondragon University
- Escuela Politécnica Superior de Ordizia
- University of León. School of Industrial Engineering and IT
- Universidad de Sevilla. Escuela Politécnica Superior
- Escuela Politécnica Superior de Linares - University ofJaén
- Universidad de Deusto. Engineering Faculty, Bilbao Campus
Those interested can see all the details about the awards on the www.cedinox.es website, where you will find both the project deadlines and the decision of the judges.